- Contour Shoes
- Life size
- Good use of Space
- Unit 5: Aesthetics
- Are memes art?
- 12 questions in aesthetics
- My Kid Could Paint That
- How does art reflect culture? How does art shape culture?
- Creative Patterns: Sea Shell
Unit 2: Shape
- Find Shapes
- Tangram basics
- Tangram images
Unit 2: Light and Shadows
Unit 1: Pencil
- Tree Drawing
- Facial Proportions
Line Repetition: Eye hand coordination exercise
- abstract thinking
- critical thinking
- eye-hand coordination
- fine-motor skills
Notebook Page: Optical Illusion
Think of a notebook page as a surface, that can stretch, bend and wrap around objects. The lines on the page will also follow the form of the object.
In addition – shadows will be formed on the surface.
8.5″x11″ drawing paper, ruler, blue pen, pencil, tortillon
- VIDEO: is instagram good or bad for photography 2012
- ACTIVITY: Get on computers and go to explore photos on this site Find several photographs that you think are good. Think about what makes them good. Find several photographs that you don’t think are good. Think about what is in the photo that you don’t like.
- VIDEO and TAKE NOTES: Am. Photo
ASSIGNMENT – Think about what it means for a photo to be “good”. Then take 2 good photos of ANYTHING using a digital camera.
Painted Rocks for the Peace Garden
- Explore the application of acrylic craft paint.
- Create a painted rock for the BHS Peace Garden, which will add color, inspiration and character to our school.
Exercise #2: Paper Airplane Challenge
- The students will create paper airplanes that are able to fly.
- The students will learn to work through the creative process and respond to changes when their ideas aren’t working.
- The students will communicate ideas with each other.
Supplies: Paper (5), Scissors
Break students into groups of two.
Students have the class period to create 2 paper airplanes. One should be as large as they can make and fly as far as possible, and the other should be as small as possible and fly as far as possible.
Near the end of class allow some time for all of the groups to test their planes against each other, to see which ones do fly the farther.
Welcome to ART at Basalt High School!
- Why are you taking this class?
- What would the world be like with art?
“The shared experience of absurdity”
Building Paper Towers: Exercise #1
- Students will learn how to work together and communicate as a team
- Students will demonstrate their understanding of the terms, free standing, sculpture in the round, and negative space.
- Students will work through the creative process and experience discovery learning
Welcome Back and Happy New Year!
AP Art History
- Ancient Mediterranean: Egypt, Mesopotamia (Near East), Archaic, Classical, and Hellenistic Greek, Acropolis, Etruscan, Rome, High Roman
- Students write any ten things they know about ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia.
- Compare the geographical circumstances and resulting cultures of the two areas
- Color Theory and the Color Wheel
- Using primary colors, I can create secondary and tertiary colors on the color wheel.